Deadline: 1 October 2016
The European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards, Europe’s most prestigious prize in the heritage field invites applications from architects, heritage experts or craftsmen, teachers, volunteers or even schools, stimulating creativity and innovation, through the power of example.
The EU Prize and Europa Nostra Awards shall be awarded in the following priority areas:
- Architectural Heritage: single buildings or groups of buildings in rural or urban setting;
- Building additions or alterations, or new building projects within historic areas;
- Industrial and engineering structures and sites;
- Cultural landscapes: historic urban environments or townscapes, city or town squares and streetscapes;
- Historic parks and gardens, larger areas of designed landscape or of cultural, environmental and/or agricultural significance;
- Archaeological sites, including underwater archaeology;
- Works of art and collections: collections of artistic and historic significance or old works of art;
- Intangible cultural heritage as practices, representations, expressions, as well as the knowledge and skills that communities, groups and, in some cases, individuals recognise as part of their cultural heritage;
- Digitisation projects of cultural heritage.
- All winning entries will receive an award certificate as well as a wall plaque or a trophy
- In addition, winners of a Grand Prix will receive a monetary award of € 10.000.
Europa Nostra Award:
- All winning entries will receive an award certificate as well as a wall plaque or a trophy.
- Architects, heritage experts or craftsmen, teachers, volunteers or schools, from the countries mentioned below are eligible to apply.
- Entries may be submitted by anyone closely connected to the entry, as long as they have obtained permission from the owner of the building or site, author / owner of the study / project, or nominee, prior to submission
- Entries may be re-submitted one time only, with the necessary additional documentation
- Entries that have previously received a Special Mention of the Jury may not re-apply in the same category
How to Apply
Eligible applicants must download an online application form available on the website.
- EU Prize: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, FYROM, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and United Kingdom.
- Europa Nostra Award: Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, the Holy See, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Monaco, the Russian Federation, San Marino, Switzerland and Ukraine.
For more information please visit EU Prize.