The European Commission invites legal persons (entities) registered in the European Union (EU) to present proposals for the 2016 Call for proposals for LIFE Action Grants.
LIFE is the European Programme for the Environment and Climate Action, for the period from 1 January 2014 until 31 December 2020.
Types of Grants and Deadlines
- Climate Change Action (Mitigation, Adaptation and Climate Governance & Information)- 7th September 2016
- Environment & Resource Efficiency- 12th September 2016
- Nature & Biodiversity- 15th September 2016
- Environmental Governance & Information- 15th September 2016
- LIFE Nature & Biodiversity
- LIFE Environment & Resource Efficiency
- LIFE Environmental Governance & Information
- Climate Action
- LIFE Climate Change Mitigation
- LIFE Climate Change Adaptation
- LIFE Climate Governance and Information
- The indicative total budget for project action grants for this call is EUR 337,536,184.
- Of this, EUR 273,936,184 is foreseen for the sub-programme for Environment and EUR 63,600,000 for the sub-programme for Climate Action.
- At least 55% of the budgetary resources allocated to projects supported by way of action grants under the sub-programme for Environment shall be dedicated to projects supporting the conservation of nature and biodiversity.
Types of Projects
- Traditional projects may be best-practice, demonstration, pilot or information, awareness and dissemination projects (ie similar to LIFE+ Nature, Biodiversity, Environment and Information projects), depending on the priority area. Best practice projects apply appropriate, cost-effective and state-of-the-art techniques, methods and approaches taking into account the specific context of the project;
- Demonstration projects put into practice, test, evaluate and disseminate actions, methodologies or approaches that are new or unknown in the specific context of the project, such as the geographical, ecological, socio-economic context, and that could be applied elsewhere in similar circumstances;
- Pilot projects apply a technique or method that has not been applied or tested before, or elsewhere, that offer potential environmental or climate advantages compared to current best practice and that can subsequently be applied on a larger scale to similar situations;
- Information, awareness and dissemination projects aim at supporting communication, dissemination of information and awareness raising in the fields of the sub-programmes for Environment and Climate Action.
- A proposal may be submitted by any legal person registered in the European Union.
- Entities participating in the proposal may fall into three types of beneficiaries:
- Public bodies
- Private commercial organisations
- Private non-commercial organisations (including NGOs).
How to Apply
- Applicants must use the LIFE 2016 application packages (in English only) for the preparation of their proposals.
- Each application package contains full and detailed explanations with regard to eligibility, procedures, co-financing rates and all other relevant details.
- These can be downloaded via given website.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit LIFE Action Grants.