The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations works to achieve food security by making sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
The organization’s three main goals are: the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition; the elimination of poverty and the driving forward of economic and social progress for all; and, the sustainable management and utilization of natural resources, including land, water, air, climate and genetic resources for the benefit of present and future generations.
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Climate Change
- Technical Cooperation Programme
- Integrating Agriculture in National Adaptation Plans
- Hunger-free Central America – Mexico and FAO
- Forest and Water programme
- Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Programme
- More effective and sustainable investments in water for poverty reduction