Deadline: 5 June 2016
Elhra’s Humanitarian Innovation Fund is seeking cutting-edge innovations for its program entitled “Accelerating the Journey to Scale” to provide tailored technical support and funding of up to £400,000 each over a two year period, to innovations demonstrating the greatest potential impact in humanitarian response.
The fund will support the process of scaling innovations with the potential to bring about transformational change in the humanitarian system, for the benefit of the millions across the globe affected by crises and disasters each year.
- Impact: The fund is seeking high impact innovations which transform the humanitarian system. This could be by offering a significant step change in performance or overcoming systemic challenges. The goal is to have the greatest positive benefit for those caught up in humanitarian emergencies.
- Approach: The Fund wants to find which are combined with an initial plan for scale, which it can work together to develop. Preliminary strategies or business plans demonstrate a grasp of the challenges associated with building a sustainable solution that involves the broad context of users, providers, and other participants.
- Feasibility: The innovation must do more than address an important need, it must also be valid (based on logic and fact), and be reasonably expected to work at scale.
- Team Composition: The Fund seeks to identify innovations with dynamic teams to drive them forward. This will include a committed core capacity to drive the innovation, as well as partners and networks needed to enable growth in the complex aid system.
- Proposals will need to demonstrate a familiarity with the contexts in which they are working, and a comprehensive understanding of the problem they are seeking.
- The Fund will identify ideas and innovations wherever they may come from, whether from public or private, national or international.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can register for the programme via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.elrha.org/hif/funding/journey-to-scale/.