Deadline: 21 May 2016
The Humanitarian Innovation Fund has launched a new Handwashing Challenge 2016 for improving handwashing practices in emergency settings.
The Fund is inviting teams from all over the world with the most promising ideas to an innovation sprint event in the UK at the end of June 2016. Following the event, all teams will have the opportunity to apply for grant funding of up to £200,000.
There will be three challenges each of which will address a different theme within handwashing to encourage teams to focus their efforts.
- #LoveCleanHands – changing behaviour through hygiene promotion
- #ReimagineSoap – developing soap alternatives
- #BetterFacilities – designing better handwashing facilities
- Any team with a feasible idea which directly addresses one of the three handwashing challenge statements with a focus on emergency settings can apply
- Up to three applications are possible, either with different ideas for the same challenge or different ideas addressing different challenges
- Applications can be made by organisations or teams; we encourage teams to have at least three team members. Each application requires one lead applicant.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by completing the application form and submitting it via mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Handwashing Challenge 2016.