Deadline: 15 January 2017
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India is seeking applications for its 2-day workshop from ASEM countries working in the field of heritage conservation.
The aim of this workshop is to share the advancements in conservation techniques and instruments, both traditional and modern, amongst the ASEM countries and create an environment of shared learning and progress.
The workshop will highlight the importance of heritage conservation in the agenda for development, management and maintenance of rural and urban environments.
Some of the key objectives of this interactive workshop are:
- Exchange of knowledge, skills, instrumentation and technologies
- Develop opportunities for joint collaborative projects and research
- Explore possibilities of developing local solutions and production units
- Capacity-building in modern scientific techniques for conservation
- Develop projects focused on methodologies of using modern equipment, advanced techniques, new materials etc.
- Address issues related to documentation, archiving, interpretation, conservation and management of heritage
The focus areas of this workshop will be:
- Conservation of historic buildings
- Arte facts found in museums
- Art collections (including wall paintings, textiles, paper, paintings etc)
The target participation for the workshop includes:
- Government agencies, Cultural practitioners, Professional organizations Academics, Non-Governmental organizations, Conservators, Curators, Industry Representatives, Researchers and Students.
- Leading business partners that could contribute to the objectives of the workshop may also be invited to support and participate in the workshop.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mongolia, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Viet Nam, the ASEAN Secretariat, Croatia, Ireland, Italy.
For more information, please visit this link.