Deadline: 31 May 2017
Entries are open for International Gender Equality Prize to promote gender equality in the world, to support discussion on equality and to celebrate Finland’s 100 years of independence.
Discussion about equality is always topical, and especially today, even in Europe and other western societies. Equality is an opportunity for all societies in the world. This is why Finland is celebrating its centenary of independence by launching an international gender equality prize, which serves to keep discussion about equality alive and to improve the position of women and girls globally.
The award is apolitical by nature, and granted by the Prime Minister’s Office of Finland based on a recommendation by an independent prize committee.
In 2017, the prize amounts to EUR 150,000 and will be financed from development cooperation appropriations.
- The recipient of the prize is a person or actor who has promoted gender equality in an internationally recognised way.
- There are no restrictions on the nationality of the recipient of the prize.
- The prize consists of a monetary award that the recipient does not receive for their own use.
- Instead, the recipient nominates a concrete target as a recipient of the monetary award to strengthen the position of women.
- In 2017, proposals for candidates for the prize, both those living in Finland and those living abroad, may be entered between 19 March and 31 May 2017 for the competition jury to consider.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit International Gender Equality Prize.