Deadline: 31 May 2016
The Information Society Innovation Fund (ISIF Asia) has announced its 4 different types of grants to empower community in the Asia pacific region to research, design and implement Internet-based solutions for their own needs, placing particular emphasis on the positive role the Internet has in social and economic development in the region.
The challenges of improving Internet growth are multi faceted and interrelated, particularly in developing countries.
- Support research on Internet operations, infrastructure, technologies and protocols, conducted within the Asia Pacific region.
- Support implementation and refinement of digital solutions that make strategic use of Internet technologies in an innovative way, responding to the needs and challenges that different communities face.
- Provide higher visibility and share evidence of the positive influence that the Internet is having in the
- Asia Pacific region, and in particular the contributions from Asia Pacific digital innovators to these developments.
- Build the capacities needed by organizations and their project teams, to scale-up their solutions; whether through better management, fundraising, or partnership development.
Key Dates for 2016
- Grants applications open: 24 February
- Grants applications close: 31 May
- Selection process: June
- Due diligence review and contracts: July : August
- Announcement of successful application/s: September