Deadline: 28 August 2017
The KR Foundation is currently accepting letter of inquiries (LOIs) for its grant program from eligible organisations to address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation, and safeguard the planetary boundaries.
The mission of KR Foundation is to help provide answers to, stimulate mind shifts about, and encourage action on, the long-term challenges faced by current and future generations living on a planet with finite resources, fragile ecosystems, and climate change.
- KR Foundation currently has two program areas:
- Sustainable Behaviour – Catalysts for Change
- Sustainable Finance – Keeping Fossil Fuels in the Ground
- Address root causes of climate change and environmental degradation;
- Support projects that have an international focus e.g. an impact at scale in multiple countries or countries that by themselves can move the global agenda;
- Support projects that provide scalable solutions;
- Support projects that can showcase a clear impact;
- Support projects that promote shifts towards “strong sustainability”, within planetary boundaries.
Size of Grants
KR Foundation’s grants typically range from DKK 0.5m to DKK 5m with a duration of up to approx. 3 years.
- The grantee confirms that it is a charitable, non-profit organisation. The grantee further confirms that the grantee organisation has appropriate processes and procedures for proper management of the grant to ensure that all funds received are used only for the charitable purpose(s) intended.
- Funding Criteria:
- provide scalable solutions with a clear international perspective and a significant impact
- have a holistic and interdisciplinary approach, including activities that aim to change mind-sets and behaviour
- have convening power, facilitate cooperation between key stakeholders and help to link existing research and knowledge to action
- help catalyze desired political processes at an international level and support new leadership (top-down approach) as well as activities aiming to communicate and create awareness (bottom-up approach)
- take risks and potentially contribute to transformative and systemic change, and challenge conventional wisdom by exploring alternative and creative approaches
- KR Foundation does not support:
- Issues other than climate change and environmental degradation
- For-profit organizations and activities
- Candidates for political office
- Individual government organizations at the national, regional or local level, including provincial and city administrations
- Individuals, e.g. scholarships
- Capital construction or endowment campaigns
- Establishing new organizations, institutes or centers with KR Foundation as sole funder
- Local and community-based activities that are not scalable and that do not have an international perspective, including development projects in developing countries
- Clean energy solutions and market ready solutions, including energy efficiency in buildings
- Nature conservation projects, including projects focused on single species
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit KR Foundation.