Deadline: 10 December 2016
The University of Toronto and the MasterCard Foundation have partnered to offer the MasterCard Foundation African Scholars Program. The program provides full scholarship opportunities at the University of Toronto for economically disadvantaged youth who have excellent academic potential and a strong desire to create lasting development within their respective regions.
The scholarship will provide full expenses related to travel, tuition, books, food, housing, living expenses and any other program related expenses, for the duration of a four year undergraduate program. Throughout the duration of the student’s undergraduate career, there will be a variety of academic and personal supports including mentoring and transition assistance programs. In addition, there will be internship, placement and travel opportunities included in the program.
In order to be eligible, the student must:
- be a resident of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa
- demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of their country
- have very strong academic results within their respective school system
- have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement
- maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards enhanced regional socioeconomic development
- be a graduate or graduating from a recognized secondary school, or have completed necessary academic requirements
- fulfill necessary English requirements (dependent on country)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Angola, Burundi, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad,Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia,Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Sao Tome and Principe, the Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan or Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program.