Deadline: 17 October 2016
The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) is currently inviting applications from Asia- Pacific researchers for its Research Grant Programme. The programme supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region, with the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region.
Grants are available only for individual researchers, but not for groups/teams, to enhance their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two year.
An applicant must:
- be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region (mentioned above);
- be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in one of the target countries listed in 3. Target countries and regions below;
- have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
- be able to communicate in English;
- not have another application to the NEF;
- not have another on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a completed application form and a recommendation letter via given website.
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
For more information, please visit Research Grants Program.