Deadline: 30 September 2016
Nominations are open for the 5th International One World Award (OWA) with an aim to honor people and their projects that make the world a better place; dedicated people who give positive and innovative examples of globalization – people who make the future worth living.
The international OWA award will be granted for the fifth time by the organic food producer Rapunzel and the IFOAM – Organics International.
Objectives of the ONE WORLD AWARD
The objective of the award is based on the three pillars of sustainability: ECOLOGY, ECONOMY and SOCIAL ASPECTS. The ONE WORLD AWARD recognizes people who demonstrate that globalization can indeed be more than the maximization of profits at the cost of the majority of the people around the world.
The Objectives of the international ONE WORLD AWARD are:
- To promote a globalization that is not oriented on profit maximization, but on the three pillars of sustainability: ecology, social aspects, economical welfare
- To recognize outstanding engagement and achievements in providing creative and highly effective solutions in the areas of environment protection and fair livelihoods
- To encourage more involvement for a loveable, livable future and for peaceful community building
- From the nominee pool, the panel will select the five finalists who are already considered winners. Each of the five selected persons will receive an award certificate and a 2.500 Euro cash prize.
- The OWA Laureate will be acknowledged with a beautiful statue (“Lady OWA”) and a 25.000 Euro cash prize.
- The prize money is intended to be used for work in progress or related new activities and is not meant to be spent for personal use.
- The “encourager award” which is endowed with a total of 40,000 Euro honors individuals who steer globalization in a positive and humane direction.
- Conservation of nature and biodiversity
- Improving the practice of organic farming and/or food processing
- Contributions to stop climate change (energy conservation or use of renewable energy)
- Waste reduction and waste management
- Fighting the spread of genetically modified organisms (GMO)
The nominees should be persons engaged in the areas of organic agriculture, food processing and/or trade. The OWA thus recognizes and awards outstanding achievements of individuals who are working in the social context of a community, cooperative, association, company etc.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the nomination form via given website.
For more information, please visit 5th International One World Award.