Deadline: 15 October 2018
The Award is organized by the Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA) and the African Development Institute (ECAD) of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB), with financial support from the Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation (KOAFEC).
The research works of candidates can focus on a wide range of thematic areas, but the following will receive special attention: technical and vocational skills development (TVSD); early childhood development and education (ECDE); information and communication technology (ICT); science, technology and innovation (STI); gender issues; special education needs; teacher training and the teaching profession. This year the Award will also givespecial attention to education, training or capacity building works related to the African Development Bank’s five operational priorities known as High 5s: energy, food and agriculture, industrialization, continental integration and improving the quality of life for the people.
There are four award categories:
- Emerging Educational Researcher
- Accomplished Educational Researcher
- Outstanding Mentor of Educational Researchers
- Enabling Institutional Environment for Educational Research
- Strengthening the link between education research and education policy-making and practice in Africa;
- Encouraging and supporting Africa-based researchers and their institutions to produce and disseminate rigorous and relevant research that stimulates innovative policy-making for Africa;
- Facilitating interaction between researchers and policy-makers in order to promote the systematic use of research findings in policy conceptualization, formulation, design, implementation and evaluation;
- Facilitating the identification of strong researchers to provide content for the ADEA Knowledge Hub, one of the main pillars of the ADEA Strategic Plan 2018-2020.
- Emerging Educational Researcher: An African researcher based in Africa, aged 35 maximum on December 31, 2018, who conducted and published at least one outstanding and relevant piece of research in education, training or capacity building can compete in this category.
- Accomplished Educational Researcher: An African researcher based in Africa for at least three consecutive years at the time of the submission, and who has gained recognition among peers and/or the education community for his or her research production and impact on education, training or capacity building can compete in this category.
- Outstanding Mentor of Educational Researchers: An African (based in Africa) who is an accomplished researcher, recognized for his or her contribution to strengthening research capacity through supporting the professional development of Africa-based educational researchers can compete in this category.
- Enabling Institutional Environment for Educational Research: A public/non-profit African institution (center, institute, division, department, faculty, or unit) recognized for its leadership and ability to promote and sustain production and dissemination of quality and relevant research in education, training or capacity building can compete in this category.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Education Research in Africa Award.