Deadline: 28 February 2017
The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) is inviting applicants for its 2017 Land for Life Award with an aim to identify and honour individuals or organizations that showcase effective and creative sustainable land management approaches.
Under the theme” Land and Human Security”, the 2017 Award will give spotlights to those whose work has tremendously contributing to stability and security of communities suffered from the impacts of land degradation and desertification.
The Land for Life Award recognizes excellence and innovation of individuals or organizations who have made outstanding contributions towards achieving Sustainable Development Goal 15 “Life on Land”, in particular Target 15.3 “Land Degradation Neutrality.
- Anyone who has made a significant and innovative contribution to sustainable land management. This could include:
- There are no restrictions on applications with regard to race, gender, nationality, religious beliefs, political views or geographical location.
- Short-listed candidates may be contacted by the organizer for verification of their application.
- Innovation: fresh thinking and practical solutions to the problems of land degradation
- Inspiration: shows leadership and inspires others to change behavior
- Impact: measurable improvements to the land, soils and livelihoods
- Replicability: lessons learned for sustainable land management can be reproduced by others
How to Apply
Nominators need to complete the nomination form via given website.
For more information, please visit 2017 Land for Life Award.