Deadline: 30 April 2018
Nominations are open for the ISIF Asia 2018 Internet for Development Awards to recognize the positive contributions of Internet-based innovations to development on 2 categories:
I4D Award for Community Networks
- The Internet for Development Award for Community Networks will be awarded to projects/organizations working to achieve affordable, locally owned and managed communication infrastructure, deploying creative low-cost solutions that use wireless technologies, GSM and/or fibre connections. Interested applicants can submit nominations that are focused on one or more of the following areas:
- Technical innovation around devices and network management;
- Creative organizational/partnership arrangement(s) and incentives for established ISPs and mobile operators to support local access networks and expand connectivity to underserved areas;
- Innovative business models that support social and economic development, inclusion and diversity;
- Enabling regulatory frameworks that support access provision under a locally owned and managed infrastructure.
I4D Award for Gender Empowerment & Innovation
- The Internet for Development Award for Gender Empowerment & Innovation will be awarded to projects/organizations working to achieve gender equality and foster women’s leadership in the Internet industry. Interested applicants can submit nominations focused on one or more of the following areas:
- Building advanced digital skills among women and girls (coding, network management and security, IPv6, big data, sensors, IoT, devices, machine learning, cloud computing);
- Supporting women to get involved in network infrastructure deployment to expand Internet access and adoption;
- Encouraging the participation of women in digital markets to support women’s economic empowerment as well as capacity building initiatives that support employment paths in the Internet industry;
- Promoting the safe use of the Internet for women and girls, and defending women’s right online.
Each winner will receive a USD 3,500 cash prize plus a travel grant to attend the Internet Governance Forum 2018 where the awards ceremony will take place.
For both categories under the I4D Awards, nominated projects/organizations must:
- Operating for a minimum of 1 year, with a clear development focus.
- Provide outcomes based evidence to support impact achieved.
- Have clear community benefit.
- Address gender diversity and inclusion.
- Provide details about what is innovative about their approach
- Provide enough technical information to assess the technical solution implemented.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, British English Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Bhutan, Cambodia, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, China, Dem. People’s Republic of Korea, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos People’s Dem. Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna Islands.
For more information, please visit ISIF Asia.