Deadline 10 January 2018
Nominations are open for Volvo Environment Prize 2018 inviting individuals and organizations with an aim to promote scientific research and innovations that in broad terms fall within the environmental and sustainability field.
There are many outstanding biologists and environmental scientists among the laureates, but the scope of the award is wide. The award ceremony takes place in Stockholm in November each year.
The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000).
- Anyone can enter the Volvo Environment Prize.
- Priority is given to an individual or to a group of names individuals rather than to institutions.
- The span of disciplines and activities for which nominations can be made is wide and includes all disciplines which have relevance to the environment. The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds, but must clearly show impacts outside of the specific discipline.
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the online nomination form via given website and must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
- Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline, e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English.
For more information, please visit Volvo Environmental Prize 2018.