Deadline: 7 July 2017
OutRight Action International is seeking applications from international activists for their annual week of advocacy, which runs from December 1-10, 2017 in New York City.
Every December, OutRight hosts LGBTIQ activists from around the world in New York for a week of high level meetings and activities around Human Rights Day (December 10th).
The week culminates with OutSummit, our one-day conference dedicated to giving activist in the US and around the world the opportunity to meet and discuss critical issues affecting the global LGBTIQ movement.
Advocacy Week 2017 kicks off with two days of training where we brainstorm how to effectively use the spaces being created during the week. Throughout the week, OutRight sets up strategic meetings with diplomatic missions, governments, and individuals, as well as events at the United Nations. There also are opportunities for activists to meet up with key donors and media during their stay in New York.
The aim of Advocacy Week is three-fold:
- Bring together LGBTIQ activists from around the globe and create safe spaces for networking and the exchanging of information and experiences.
- Facilitate access to relevant, high-level United Nations meetings, to various government officials, and to Diplomatic Missions.
- Facilitate spaces for activists working on the ground to raise awareness of their issues with key global influencers and organizations.
The week includes:
- Two days of advocacy training and strategy development
- Five days of meeting with diplomats and UN representatives
- Attendance at OutRight’s one-day OutSummit Conference
How to Apply
Interested LGBTIQ activists can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Advocacy Week 2017.