Deadline: 1 August 2016
The Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP) invites developing country-based research centers/institutes to submit an expression of interest (EOI) to undertake a series of policy research activities from late 2016 to 2018.
The Institutionalization project (IP) aims to develop and establish expertise in policy analysis using Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) models within one selected research center/institute.
The selected centre/institute will implement several policy research projects (at least two) within this period of 2 years to ensure strong and long-term institutional capacity building. Interested applicants should demonstrate their interest and aptitude in conducting rigorous and policy-relevant research.
- Institutionalization of a powerful analytical tool
- Strong capacity building, resulting in the development of a permanent team of local experts
- Creation of a locus of recognized expertise within the nation
- Creation of a locus of exchange and discussion of sectoral and macroeconomic policies
- Better visibility of the local institution
Funding Information: A $22 K research (cash) grant and up to a maximum of $36.5 K in various subsidies.
- Youth employment: supply- and demand-side constraints and related policy options
- Gender and women’s economic empowerment
- Entrepreneurship and financial inclusion
- Productive employment in rural farm and non-farm sectors – increasing labour productivity and reducing factor market imperfections
- Sectoral composition and patterns of economic growth – implications for job-creation, employment and poverty reduction
Applying research centres/institutes and team members must:
- Be developing country nationals and reside in a developing country during the full course of the project.
- Have university-level training in economics or equivalent experience: a team leader with PhD in economics is an asset, but a senior team member must have at least 5 years of experience in development policy analysis.
How to Apply
- Expression of Interest: Interested applicants must submit an expression of interest (EOI) to undertake a series of policy research activities from late 2016 to 2018.
- Full Proposals: After review of the EOIs, long-listed centres/institutes will be requested to develop a full proposal to be submitted for a second selection phase in October 2016. An invitation to submit a full proposal is not a guarantee of an institutionalization grant. Full proposals will be subject to a competitive process of several evaluation rounds.
Applications must be submitted via the PEP intranet system through the given website.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit PEP Call for Expressions of Interest.