Deadline: 17 August 2019
iHub Women In Business Program opens to grow the number of socially and economically empowered women entrepreneurs who run women-owned/women-led sustainable businesses working in the ICT sector in Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Strengthening the capacity of women entrepreneurs to own and lead sustainable business working in the ICT sector.
- Strengthen the capacity of established women entrepreneurs to start, run and grow sustainable businesses that work in the ICT sector
- Identify women with the potential for entrepreneurship and nurture them to develop and run sustainable businesses in the ICT sectors
- Increasing the number of women-owned and women-led companies working in the ICT sector that can handle big money projects
- Strengthening collaboration between different actors in the ICT and innovation sector in order to utilise the learning and perspectives generated by the Women in Business programme to make evidence-based and credible contributions to relevant national and global policy discourses.
What do Participants Get?
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Networking and exposure to expand applicant’s business networks
- 6 months of customized support and training based on the startup/SME’s individualized needs
- Marketing and exposure through the different platforms
- 1:1 mentoring with experts, coaches and consultants.
- Access to ecosystem events hosted by program partners
Please note that this programme does not include monetary funding for applicant’s business
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- They are looking for women who have been in business for at least one year and have a product in the market that leverages technology.
- The applicant(s) must:
- Be a woman:
- 18 and above
- Reside in Kenya
- Have a registered business
- Be a woman:
- Developing an innovative and scalable product that uses technology
- Has proof of concept and an existing business that is post revenue
- Business model must have a clear focus on sustainability.
- at least 1 year in operation
- post revenue which means applicants have begun to generate sales
- team of at least 2.
How do applicants become a part of the program?
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Applicants will complete a comprehensive application found online
- A jury made of key leaders from the implementing partners will select the companies that progress into the final
- Applicants must be able to attend biweekly Saturday sessions at the iHub office in Kilimani, Nairobi
What is included?
Successful applicants will
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- have access to the iHub co-working space (desk space, meeting rooms for those formal discussions and lounges for laid back conversations, and other membership benefits)
- participate in a 6 month tailor-made programme that will develop their business acumen and entrepreneurial and technical skills
- Have access to business support services that range from legal services, human resources and many others
- Become more embedded in the East African entrepreneurs community, amplify the impact of their businesses, and ensure the value from their products/solutions and services reach those who would benefit the most
What is in the curriculum?
Based on need, successful applicants will have access to the following resources:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Customer Acquisition and Retention
- Marketing(Digital and Traditional Marketing)
- Business structuring and Strategy
- Technology support(tools, infrastructure, management and data)
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://wib.ihub.co.ke/apply/