Deadline: 15 June 2016
Nominations are open for the Roslyn S. Jaffe Awards that is a not-for-profit program awarding everyday heroes who are making the world a better place for women and children, specifically in the areas of health, education, social reform and esteem.
Sponsor will select one grand-prize winner and two runners up from among all eligible applications received, in accordance with the judging criteria mentioned below.
- The grand-prize winner’s Organization will receive $100,000 for its Program.
- The Organization of each runner up will receive a $25,000 award for its Program.
- High impact – The Program’s work has resulted in clear benefits for women and/or children in the United States and has the potential for further benefits (36%).
- Serving Those in Need – The Program focuses on lower-to-middle class populations as beneficiaries (20%).
- Unique Approach – The Program has an innovative and entrepreneurial approach that addresses a challenge and tackles risk in a unique way (14%).
- Off the Grid – At the time when nominations are evaluated in this contest, the Program are not widely known, nor does the Organization already have large partnerships or grants. (12%).
- Scalable – The Program can be expanded/replicated and applied to other locations (18%).
- Nominee must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia.
- Nominee must be the creator or founder of a social impact organization or program, the original idea for which was conceived by the nominee (“Organization”). The nominee must be the primary decision-maker for the Organization’s development and management. (Organizations that were co-conceived and co-founded by the nominee and one or more others and are currently managed by nominee and nominee’s co-founders are eligible for consideration.)
- The Organization must be U.S.-based, must be a legal entity, and must have received and continue to have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- The Organization must administer a social impact program (“Program”) that has a primary objective related to improving health, education, or esteem or to social reform and benefiting low- and middle-income women and/or children in the United States.
- The Organization may still be developing and refining its operations or the Program, but the Program must have achieved some clear and recognizable progress, impact, or accomplishment towards its objective.
- Organizations or Programs that are entirely in the planning and development stages (and have no operations) at the time of nomination are not eligible. Nominees who have worked on their Program on a part-time basis are eligible for consideration.
- The Organization and Program must be independent and autonomous and may not be affiliated with any religion or political group or cause. Programs that were started under the direction of an existing third-party organization (i.e., any entity other than the Organization created by the nominee) do not meet this requirement and are ineligible in this contest. Organizations or Programs with fiscal sponsors may still be considered autonomous and satisfy this requirement as determined by Sponsor in its discretion.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can nominate for the award via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Jaffe Awards.