The CSC grants over 900 scholarships and fellowships for postgraduate study and professional development each year. Selections are made on the basis of academic merit, development impact, and quality of the study plan.
Citizens of developing Commonwealth countries can apply for:
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s study at UK universities
- Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD study at UK universities
- Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships for PhD candidates to spend up to 12 months in the UK as part of their doctoral studies
- Commonwealth Academic Fellowships for mid-career academic staff from developing countries to conduct research and network
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowships for mid-career medical and dental staff from developing countries to enhance their clinical skills
Funding Value: The funding value can range up to £100,000.
- Climate change
- Empowerment and accountability
- Girls and women
- Humanitarian emergencies/disasters
- Peace and access to justice
- Private sector/business
- Water and sanitation
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/international-development-funding/scholarships-and-fellowships-for-citizens-of-commonwealth-countries.