Deadline: 31 October 2016
Social Entrepreneurship Forum is seeking applications for its SE Outreach Accelerator Program for social entrepreneurs running businesses that address social and environmental challenges facing the developing world.
The SE Outreach program is run by Social Entrepreneurship Forum (SE Forum), which is a non-profit organization based in Stockholm, Sweden. The participants will spend three weeks in Stockholm from April 24th until May 12th 2017 and then travel back to their home countries to work on their businesses and implement their learning’s. Then they will spend another three weeks in Stockholm between September 11th and 29th 2017 where they will focus on the opportunities and challenges identified during their four months back home.
- The first part of the program will be held in Stockholm for three weeks. During this time applicants will focus on assessing and understanding applicant’s business opportunities and drivers. Applicants will also have their first meeting with applicant’s Stockholm-based mentor and start to build relationships with their fellow participants.
- After part one applicant will travel back to applicant’s home country for a four month implementation period where applicants will put into action what applicants have learned, test out new ideas and network. While doing this applicant will still have the support of SE Forum, applicant’s mentors and fellow participants from the program. During this time applicants will have deliverables, which applicants will have to meet to be able to come back for the second part of the program.
- For the final part of the program applicants will travel back to Stockholm to spend another three weeks with their peers. During this time applicants will meet with their mentors, learn from each other’s experience and participate in workshops and coaching sessions with subject matter experts who will help applicants address the operational aspects of the challenges and opportunities applicants identified during the 4 month implementation period.
- International business school exposure – during applicant’s time in Stockholm applicants will be trained and coached by lecturers from leading universities such as Stanford University and Stockholm School of Economics.
- Interactive content – applicants can share their ideas and learning’s with their team, mentors and advisors through an interactive business opportunity assessment platform.
- Intimate group, global network – with a maximum of 8 participants per accelerator, applicants have an opportunity to form close relationships with social entrepreneurs from across the world – which will become an important part of their support network as applicants continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- Social entrepreneurship expertise – social entrepreneurs face challenges and opportunities that regular entrepreneurs are not exposed to, with 12 years of experience in the social entrepreneurship field, SE Forum has a lot of learning’s and networks to draw from.
- International network – SE Forum has social entrepreneur alumni that span over 60 different countries, so if applicants are looking to scale, applicants can direct questions to entrepreneurs in that geographical location.
- Certificate of completion – upon graduation applicants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Any background or nationality
- No requirement to have a registered enterprise prior to the program
- Both for-profit and non-for profits enterprises
- No requirement to already have a written business plan
- No requirement to have revenue streams/profitability prior to the program
Applicants eligible to apply:
- Applicants are at least 18 years old
- Applicants have an operating project/enterprise that targets social and/or environmental issues facing the developing communities
- Applicant’s project/enterprises can be scaled and replicated to benefit more people
- Applicants are passionate about creating positive impact with applicant’s project/enterprise and have the ambition of making it financially sustainable from sources beyond donations
- Applicants are the founder of such project/enterprise with mandate to make executive decisions.
- Applicants can fully participate in a program conducted entirely in English (read/write/speak/comprehend)
- Applicants are open-minded and willing to share your experiences in a co-working, co-learning environment
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit SE Outreach Accelerator.