Deadline: 30 September 2016
With support from the Government of Sweden, Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI) is inviting organizations across Asia to submit concept notes for SEIA Sida Conference Strategic Fund, to promote informed dialogue where different groups and stakeholders can share knowledge in regional forums and other strategic events with the goal of helping to shape public policy to advance environmentally sustainable development.
The programme seeks to change mind-sets and everyday practices to ultimately benefit the citizens of the region, with particular attention to poor and marginalized groups such as, but not limited to, women, children, ethnic minorities and other environmentally vulnerable groups based on their specific contexts.
- Environmentally sustainable development
- Gender equality
- Poverty reduction
- A total of 1,200,000 SEK will be awarded evenly in the 4 quarters of a year to support 4 strategic events each year with the maximum limitation of 300,000 SEK.
- The awards can fund an event in its entirety or provide supplemental funding.
Selected events should:
- Build new knowledge
- Strengthen existing capacity
- Enhance and foster networks and partnerships
- Generate new collaborations and undertakings in ways that are gender-responsive.
- SEI welcomes concept notes for events in Asia on advancing environmentally sustainable development, gender equality, and poverty reduction.
- The events should preferably bring representatives from government, the private sector, and civil society together with researchers, and feature active exchanges between participants.
- Recipient organizations should be based in Asia or, if they are based outside the region, be addressing issues relevant to Asia.
- Recipients can be public nonprofit organizations or networks with experience in providing dialogue platforms to enable different groups and stakeholders who can share knowledge in the areas of environmentally sustainable development, gender equality and poverty reduction in Asia with focus on Southeast Asia.
- The concept note should explain how the funds will add value to the event beyond what the existing funding can provide.
- Special priority will be given to applicants who address gender issues and work towards the advancement of gender equality in innovative ways.
- There is also scope to consider private-sector collaboration and partnerships for development and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Events should also demonstrate likelihood to change practice and policy.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the template for concept Note (Word) via given website.
For more information, please visit Sida Conference Strategic Fund.