Deadline: 10 June 2016
National Research Foundation (NRF) has announced the fourth call for joint research project proposals between South Africa and Argentina researchers to contribute to scientific advancement in both countries.
The projects will be supported for a period of three years.
- To contribute to scientific advancement in both countries through the funding of joint research activities in specified research fields
- To provide an opportunity for young researchers in the two countries to meet and interact
- To support the advancement of basic research
- To contribute meaningfully to research capacity development
- South Africa:
- This call is open to working researchers residing in South Africa and affiliated with a recognized higher education or research institution such as a university, university of technology or science council. The South African applicant must be in possession of a PhD.
- Argentina: Priority will be given to:
- Projects aimed at training and specialization of young scientists
- Projects that have not participated in cooperation programmes financed by MINCyT between
- Argentina and South Africa in the last three years, and those projects that are not currently receiving funding from other Programmes of Cooperation with other countries
- The beneficiary of the exchange should be different in each year of implementation.
How to Apply
- South African applications must be submitted electronically to the NRF on the NRF Online Submission System.
- Argentina applicants must submit the “NRF Form” electronically through the given website.
Eligible Countries: South Africa and Argentina
For more information, please visit South Africa/ Argentina Joint Research.