Deadline: 15 January 2017
The Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) and UN Environment (UNEP) is seeking videos for its contest entitled “#NotWasting food a way of life”.
CEC facilitates collaboration and public participation to foster conservation, protection and enhancement of the North American environment for the benefit of present and future generations, in the context of increasing economic, trade, and social links among Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
- The winners will be invited to participate in the first North American Workshop on Food Waste Reduction and Recovery, hosted by the CEC in Toronto, Canada from February 28-March 2, 2017. Transportation and lodging, airport transfer expenses, and a daily stipend for food will be provided.
- The prize will be awarded to one entrant per country only.
- Video contest is open to private citizens, schools, nongovernmental organizations, businesses, agricultural producers, and municipal and state/provincial government agencies, in Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
- An entrant to the Contest is an individual who records a video and submits it to the Make #NotWasting food a way of life Contest, in accordance with the Contest Rules and legal requirements.
- The Contest is open to residents of North America, nongovernmental organizations, businesses, schools, agricultural producers, and municipal and state/provincial government agencies, established in Canada, Mexico and the United States. Please note that the Contest is not open to federal agencies.
- The featured initiative must address food waste reduction and recovery.
- The video must be no more than 3 minutes in length.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as of the date they submit their video.
- One entry per person/organization (the first submitted) will be recognized as the official entrant for each video.
- The video must be unpublished, except for possible publication on the entrant’s social media page(s), and must have been conceptualized by the entrant.
- By submitting a video to the Make #NotWasting food a way of life Contest, the entrant confirms that they have obtained written permission to include the voice and image of all persons who appear in the video.
- Employees of the Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) and UN Environment, or immediate family members of CEC or UN Environment employees, and Contest judges or immediate family members of Contest judges (siblings, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren) are not eligible to enter.
How to Apply
Videos must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Canada, Mexico and United States
For more information, please visit this link.