ISIF Asia will allocate 2 grants of 30,000 AUD for Technical Innovation Grants, each focusing on new initiatives, testing of new ideas, proof of concept or prototypes. Organizations and companies working on Internet development from the public and/or private sector are encouraged to apply.
Innovation and a development focus should be an integral part of the project, focusing on areas such as access provision, electricity supply, devices, IoT, IPv6 and privacy.
Successful applicants for the scale-up grant will receive a capacity building package valued at around 10,000 AUD.
Applications accepted for full review will be scored by all Committee members based on selection criteria. Only proposals accepted by full consensus of the Selection Committee will be granted funding. The proposals will be assessed based on the criteria below:
- Aligned with grants purpose/scope.
- Clear benefit for the community.
- Clear objectives and well structured methodology.
- ISIF Asia will ONLY support initiatives managed by organizations based in the Asia Pacific region, with funds allocated to be invested within the Asia Pacific region, as described in the list of economies served by APNIC. During the selection process, the ISIF Asia secretariat will give consideration to regional diversity and balance.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage funds, conduct project activities and document outcomes effectively, within the specified budget and time limits.
- Project proposals submitted by public or private sector organizations, university, or research and development institutions and non-government organizations will be considered. Individuals are not eligible.
- Potential for growth/further development.
- Engagement within the community relevant to the project proposed.
- Innovative approach to addressing issues that that have been clearly identified and defined as part of the proposal.
- Relationship with other existing projects at a regional/global level
- Realistic budget and timeframe proposed. Administrative overheads will not be funded. Project proposals exceeding that maximum grant amount and timeline must specify where the additional funds will be obtained to bring the project to completion. The ISIF Asia program may decide to partially fund a proposal.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Technical Innovation Grants.