Deadline: 15 February 2017
The Global Challenges Foundation is seeking applications for its “The Global Challenges Prize 2017: A New Shape” with an aim to find models or frameworks for international cooperation, capable of addressing the interlinked risks and problems of climate change, other large-scale environmental damage, violent conflict (including nuclear and other weapons of mass destruction), extreme poverty, and expected continuing rapid population growth.
The entrants should focus on designing a decision-making structure or framework that could galvanize effective international action to tackle these risks. The competition is not looking for blueprints for solving the individual issues in question, or to avert specific risks.
- The total sum of the prize fund, which will be distributed in its entirety, is US$5 million.
- The prize fund will be distributed amongst the short-listed contributions at the Foundation’s discretion. At least US$1 million will be awarded for the most distinguished entry or entries.
- The prize allocation may also include smaller awards for particularly innovative entries that do not amount to an entire global framework but contain novel partial solutions, such as the composition of a specific decision-making body.
- The prize competition is open to anyone – individuals, groups of individuals, universities, companies or associations – anywhere in the world.
- Every entry, however, requires one contact person for registration.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Global Challenges Foundation.