Deadline: 30 June 2019
Applications are now open for Third Intercontinental Youth Forum of iDove – Interfaith Dialogue on Violent Extremism.
The iDove initiative was jointly launched by the African Union Commission’s Directorate of Citizens and Diaspora Organizations (AUC-CIDO) and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
The Third Intercontinental Youth Forum will focus on the current challenge of rehabilitating and reintegrating (R&R) foreign fighters and other returnees.
- Become part of the iDove network of young PVE activists, creatives, policy makers & academics from all over Africa & Europe
- Increase their knowledge on soft power approaches to PVE – in particular those involving interfaith dialogue
- Gain valuable insights for their own work by exploring the communalities and differences in PVE between different world regions
- Learn more about R&R of foreign fighters and other returnees from their invited experts & distinguished speakers
- Further develop their skills on project management and how to successfully pitch their project idea
- Applicants are between 18 and 35 years old
- Applicants are a citizen or resident of a European or an African country
- Applicants have proven experience in PVE and building social cohesion, ideally the
- context of rehabilitation & reintegration of returnees
- Applicants are committed to and/or experienced in interfaith dialogue and collaboration
- Applicants are fluent in either English or French
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia And Montenegro, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
For more information, please visit https://au.int/en/announcements/20190527/call-applications-third-intercontinental-youth-forum-idove-interfaith