Deadline: 19 August 2016
U.S. Embassy Vilnius is seeking applications from eligible entities for a program entitled “Gender-Based Violence Training in Lithuanian Municipalities” with an aim to equip local Lithuanian stakeholders with the tools necessary to better identify and combat gender-based violence.
- Develop a gender-based violence training program for use in Lithuanian municipalities.
- Organize one-day gender-based violence trainings in five municipalities, including key local institutions such as social workers, schools, police, hospitals, local government, and prosecutors.
- Organize three follow-up trainings/consultations in each municipality.
- Create a contact/distribution list for each of the five selected municipalities, allowing training participants and stakeholders to communicate with one another easily and share best practices.
- Conduct a centralized train-the-trainer workshop for participants interested in applying the Coordinated Community Response model to their municipalities.
- The approximate total funding is $21,857.
- The initial period of performance will be for 12 months.
Expected Results and Performance Indicators
- Four separate trainings will be conducted at each selected municipality.
- Ten or more persons attend each training.
- Fifty or more persons attend the one-day train-the-trainer session.
- Selected communities will report heightened awareness of gender-based violence.
- Selected communities will establish Coordinated Community Response models.
- Coordinated Community Response models will persist after end of project.
- Referral of cases to authorities will increase.
- Non-profit and/or nongovernmental institutions (NGOs) registered in Lithuania.
- All submissions must be in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: Lithuania
For more information, please visit grants.gov.