Deadline: 15 July 2019
The U.S. Consulate General, Public Affairs Section in Mumbai is soliciting proposals for a grant from legally-recognized non-profit, non-governmental organizations that meet U.S. and Indian technical and legal requirements to develop and implement public diplomacy programs.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The objectives of this program is to provide journalists and journalism students tools and skills to start and maintain their own media organizations.
Based on funding availability, the objective should be achieved through the organization and implementation of a total of four, two-day workshops on “Media Startup Skills: Reshaping Journalism” for practicing journalists and journalism students. Two workshops will take place in Mumbai, one of India’s biggest media markets, and the other two workshops in Ahmedabad which is a tier-II city and a growing regional hub for practicing journalists and journalism students. Both Mumbai and Ahmedabad are centers for an active Western India press corps. The workshops should take place in August 2019. The workshops will provide an opportunity for participants to learn first-hand skills from two American instructors—one a journalist who runs a successful media start-up and other a subject matter expert in business start-ups who can demonstrate experience in effecting entrepreneurial skills. The instructors will conduct sessions underscoring topics such as identifying niche areas for building applicants own media startup, audience analyses and identifying financial resources, innovative platforms and technologies for startups, integrating journalism values for success of the startup. The workshops will increase participants’ understanding of media best practices and the ways in which media startups can create innovative media products.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Proposals must detail: The grantee is responsible for all aspects of the program except as noted below.
Submitted proposals should include programmatic and financial details on the following:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The grantee will work in close coordination with the U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai, in identifying and engaging two U.S.-based instructors – one a journalist who runs a successful media start-up and other a subject matter expert in business start-ups who can demonstrate experience in effecting entrepreneurial skills. These instructors will conduct four back-to-back workshops in Mumbai and Ahmedabad. In consultation with PAS Mumbai, the grantee will also identify and invite participants for workshops in both the cities.
- The grantee will be responsible for arranging the U.S. instructors’ travel to Mumbai and Ahmedabad. The grantee will also organize international and domestic airfare, lodging, M&IE, local transportation in Mumbai and Ahmedabad, and any honorarium for U.S. instructors for a total of eight days of programing in Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
- In consultation with the U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai’s representatives, the grantee will identify suitable dates and venues for workshops in Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
- The grantee will develop schedules and activities for workshops:
- Two-day workshop for 40 to 50 practicing journalists in Mumbai
- Two-day workshop for 80 to 100 journalism students in Mumbai
- Two-day workshop for 40 to 50 practicing journalists in Ahmedabad
- Two-day workshop for 80 to 100 journalism students in Ahmedabad
- The grantee will be responsible for managing all logistical elements of the workshops including, but not limited to venue rental, workshop certificates, technical support, workshop materials, refreshments, food, etc…
- The grantee will coordinate all preparations and plans with representatives of the U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai.
- The grantee will suggest and conduct additional/follow up activities which will effectively help to achieve the above objectives.
- The grantee will be responsible for submitting a detailed monitoring and evaluation plan for all components of the program. The grantee will brief the assigned consulate staff periodically on the qualitative and quantitative progress of the project implementation.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $35,000
- Award Ceiling: $35,000
- Award Floor: $31,000
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations. Individuals are not eligible for an award under this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO). Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
All application materials must be submitted electronically via the given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=316788
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.