Deadline: 1 April 2018
If you’re aged 18-30 years, and come from a country in Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, or Europe, then apply for International Youth Forum on Creativity and Heritage along the Silk Roads 2!
UNESCO, in collaboration with the National Commission of People’s Republic of China for UNESCO, is currently inviting young women and men from countries along the maritime and terrestrial Silk Roads to participate in the International Youth Forum on Creativity and Heritage along the Silk Roads 2, to be held in Changsha and Nanjing, 21-27 May 2018.
Hence IYF2 is being organized to support youth experienced in literature, cultural and creative industries and in protecting and promoting heritage, as well as those in the advanced stages of their studies in these areas. This will include 10 participants selected to take part to the “Experience Changsha Media Arts Program”, which will provide an opportunity to delve over a period of three weeks in the creative industry panorama of the vibrant city of Changsha.
The objectives of this International Youth Forum (a.k.a. IYF2) are to:
- Provide a forum for young people working in creativity, literature, and heritage to voice their interests and concerns on advancing work in their field
- Mobilize their increased engagement in literature, cultural and creative industries and in the protection and promotion of our common heritage.
How to Apply
Please submit Application Form with supporting documents at the address given on the website.
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo DR, Congo-Brazzaville, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Arab States: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
- Asia and the Pacific: American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna.
- Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia And Montenegro, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit Call for Applications.