Deadline: 5 May 2016
The United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is inviting applicants for a programme entitled “Strengthening Community-Based Nutrition Programme” with a focus on IYCF/MNP/SBCC with the integrated management of acute malnutrition continuum through multi-sectorial approach in Afghanistan.
- Review and develop a standardized community based nutrition package consisting of guidelines, SOP, training materials, job aids and performance monitoring framework etc.
- Increased knowledge and skills on practices to promote adoption of optimal IYCF and care practices at household level within IMAM continuum.
- Increased knowledge and skills on practices to promote the use of MNP for home fortification of complementary foods at household level within IMAM continuum.
- Build capacity of frontline workers to use acquired skills on appreciative and SBCC to mobilize, train and supervise community support networks.
- Mobilize local communities support networks to take nutrition action where possible provide minimum support to trigger action.
- Establish a system to monitor the coverage and trends of community growth monitoring, with involvement of caregivers at the first level and of the leadership at all levels as well as understand child growth and take corrective action to address the poor growth.
- Strengthen linkages between nutrition and non-nutrition sectors (health, social protection, WASH and agriculture) at national, provincial and community level for nutrition-sensitive actions.
- Strengthen knowledge management by documenting process, outcomes lesson learning and sharing to improve the district roll out and community approaches across the country.
- Capacity building of the government of Afghanistan to plan executes and scale up efficient and evidence-based multi-sectorial community-based nutrition programme with a focus on IYCF/MNP/SBCC within IMAM continuum.
- Experiences in developing and implementation of nutrition strategy especially IYCF in the past for other countries and must provide evidence of recent work in similar area.
- Institutions will be required to provide individuals CVs demonstrating high caliber professional with required skills, knowledge and experience must be demonstrated.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Excellent skills in designing research protocols, manage data, analyzing data and writing reports.
- At least 10 years of work experience in the similar field or in public nutrition.
- Have experience and knowledge on project management and leadership.
- Ability and willingness to travel to Afghanistan when required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their application forms at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Strengthening Community-Based Nutrition Programme.