Application window opens on 15 November and ends 31 December every year.
The United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) financially supports NGOs projects aiming to advance and support democracy and peace during the annual proposal window.
- Community Activism
- Rule of Law and Human Rights
- Tools for Knowledge
- Women’s Empowerment
- Youth Engagement
- Media and Freedom of Information
- Strengthening Interaction with Government
- Grant Information
Grant will range from $100,000 to $300,000.
Applicants can be:
- Civil Society Organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations, engaged in promoting democracy. These are anticipated to receive the bulk of the funding.
- Independent and Constitutional Bodies, including Election Commissions, Ombudsman Institutions, National Human Rights Institutions and other independent governance bodies, for project proposals facilitating the inclusion of the voice of civil society.
- Global and Regional inter-government bodies, organizations and associations other than the United Nations, for project proposals which strengthen the voice of civil society.
Premium Video: How to apply for UNDEF Funding and also check out our helpful tips on how to apply for this grant.