Deadline: 23 June 2017
WISIONS is currently seeking proposals for its Sustainable Energy Project Support (SEPS) Knowledge Exchange program 2017 with an aim to mobilize knowledge and expertise among energy practitioners and other stakeholders in the field of sustainable energy technologies in the “Global South”, with a focus on decentralised energy solutions.
This call for proposals is aimed at both focus regions of WISIONS – Latin America and the Caribbean, and South/South East Asia. The countries considered for this call are those within the Caribbean, South and Central America, South Asia and South East Asia according to the UN definition.
- Capacity-building: strengthening the technical, managerial, communication or other skills of practitioners
- South-South mutual learning: facilitating mutual learning among organisations active in the Global South
- Practice-to-policy exchange: addressing potentials & barriers to specific energy technologies or delivery models to raise awareness and generate policy recommendations
- Advocacy and awareness-raising activities: defining strategies for the effective advocacy of critical topics; creating awareness for specific technologies and/or challenges relating to sustainable energy; implementing and supporting concepts for motivating the local population
- Others: WISIONS is open to creative ideas on how to expand the knowledge base and to strengthen capacities of practitioners as well as of other stakeholders
The total maximum combined financial support (projects and exchanges) will be 300,000 EUR.
SEPS Knowledge Exchange proposals should meet the following criteria:
- Focus on knowledge creation, conservation, dissemination and/or capacity-building
- Active involvement of at least one organisation with proven commitment in the field of access to sustainable energy
- Experience in and commitment to one of the proposed regions
- Clear focus on South-South exchange
- Clear definition of the knowledge need(s) and gap(s) addressed
- Clear definition of the expected outputs and outcomes
- Relevance to the general aims of universal access to energy and sustainable development.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Åland Islands, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia (Plurinational State of), Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, China, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China, Macao Special Administrative Region, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czechia, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Holy See, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Réunion, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin (French Part), Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Sark, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten (Dutch part), Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, State of Palestine, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Thailand, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Republic of Tanzania, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States of America, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna Islands, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit SEPS Knowledge Exchange.