Deadline: 13 October 2017
The Women Deliver is inviting applicants for its Young Leaders Program that provides youth advocates with the training and resources necessary to extend their influence and actively shape the programs and policies that affect their lives.
The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program trains, elevates, and empowers youth advocates to catalyze action for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women — with particular emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights and meaningful youth engagement.
The Young Leaders Program provides youth advocates with opportunities to build and strengthen their advocacy capacity and skills, through:
- Digital University: Structured course work led by a faculty of experts provides a solid foundation that enables each Young Leader to enact change and deliver for girls and women.
- Speakers Bureau: Women Deliver elevates the voices of Young Leaders and supports their participation in the global conversation on the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women.
- Seed Grants: Women Deliver provides seed grants to select Young Leaders to implement short term advocacy and communications projects that they create in order to advance the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women in their communities and across the globe.
- Women Deliver Global Conference: All Young Leaders receive a full scholarship to attend a Women Deliver Global Conference. Young Leaders attend at two-day Youth Pre-Conference, participate in sessions at the Youth Zone, and receive numerous media and speaking opportunities.
- Media Opportunities & Training: The program provides in-depth media messaging and engagement training, designed to provide Young Leaders with a strong foundation to work with the media as a successful advocacy tool.
- Direct In-Country Advocacy: As an established global advocate for meaningful youth engagement, Women Deliver is well-positioned to integrate youth engagement with on-the-ground advocacy and action.
- Alumni Network & Mentorship Opportunities: Current Women Deliver Young Leaders not only benefit from the knowledge and experience of the faculty and each other, but from previous Women Deliver Young Leaders, as well.
- The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program provides youth advocates with opportunities to build and strengthen their advocacy capacity and skills.
- Global visibility as champions for the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women.
- Networking opportunities with high-level decision-makers, stakeholders, media, private sector representatives, and other change-makers, including other youth advocates and activists working around the world.
- Upon successful completion of the program, membership in the Women Deliver Young Leaders global alumni network for continued learning, networking, and support.
- Individuals between the ages of 15 and 28 can apply. Applicants must have been born between December 31, 1989 and December 31, 2002; this is to ensure Women Deliver Young Leaders are under the age of 30 for the duration of the program.
- All young people, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or national origin are encouraged and welcome to apply.
How to Apply
The application for the Women Deliver Young Leaders Program consists of several sections and asks each applicant for responses to a variety of topics, including:
- Basic demographic information about the applicant
- Areas of experience and interest in gender equality, sexual and reproductive health and rights, meaningful youth engagement, and advocacy
- Issue-related essay questions
Applicants must also provide:
- Two reference letters
- A resume or CV
- Links to websites, videos, blogs, or other relevant items the applicant thinks would strengthen their application
- Confirmation of ability to attain a valid passport and visa to Canada to participate in the Women Deliver 2019 Conference, and complete international travel
For more information, please visit Young Leaders Program.