Deadline: 21 March 2016
The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves (Alliance) is currently accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for its third annual Women’s Empowerment Fund (WEF), a financing mechanism designed to scale effective business models for empowerment through women’s energy entrepreneurship.
WEF’s goal is to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and protect the environment by creating a thriving global market for clean and efficient household cooking solutions.
- Establishing a strong evidence base and evaluating effective approaches
- Increasing access to finance to integrate women’s empowerment into the sector
- Building capacity of enterprises and women entrepreneurs
- Raising awareness and generating demand among women consumers and adolescent girls and boys
- Influencing and setting international and national policies and processes
- The WEF will award grants of up to US$75,000 to at least 4 qualifying organizations.
- The selected WEF projects will have a 12-month timeframe to meet concrete objectives and performance milestones.
Bangladesh, China, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Nigeria, and Uganda
- Focus Geographies: All qualified individuals and organizations, regardless of location, are encouraged to apply. Although the Alliance has a preference for partners operating in Alliance focus countries (mentioned above), organizations operating in other countries are also encouraged to apply. The Alliance will select the most qualified applications regardless of location; the preference for Alliance focus countries is only weighted if the Alliance needs to make a final selection between applications of comparable quality.
- Alliance Partnership: The applicant organization must be a registered partner of the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves. Applicants who are not currently a Partner must be registered prior to submitting their application.
- Organizational Type/Legal Structure: Organizations can include but are not limited to for-profit companies, social enterprises, foundations, non-profits, universities, research institutes, faith-based institutions, etc.
- Organization Stage of Development: Organizations at all stages of operational development from seed-stage to large global organizations and enterprises.
- Impact: The applicant must be focused on driving highly scalable gender and empowerment impacts in alignment with the Alliance’s mission to save lives, improve livelihoods, empower women, and protect the environment. It is recommended that applicants consult the Alliance’s social impact M&E indicators and tools prior to submission, and highlight any relevant socio-economic indicators that will be measured in your proposal.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the EOIs form via given website.
Note: A shortlist of applicants will be selected to submit a full proposal in the next round, and will receive further instructions by April 8, 2016.
For more information, please visit Global Alliance for Clean.