Nominations are now open for 2021 Recover Africa Youth Competition. They invites youth to look back at their experiences and depict them for a chance to be part of the recovery process.
By telling us your COVID-19 experience, you stand a chance to win 500 Euros to implement a community project of choice. The Recover Africa Youth Competition believe that all youth have had unique experiences during the pandemic that can be expressed through media, works of art and innovations.
The Recover Africa Youth Competition is part of the larger Recover Africa project by Fairtrade Africa and BMZ.
The competition will be centered on the following cross-cutting themes in the agriculture and trade context:
- Climate Change
- Youth Inclusion
- Decent Livelihoods
- Gender Equality
- Impact of Covid-19
- Child Protection.
- 6 winners i.e. Male & Female per category will win 500 Euros and project mentorship.
The competition rides on 3 categories modelled against creativity and innovation:
- Photography: Applicants can submit their experiences through photos. Such submissions should be accompanied by a video explaining what a photo represents.
- Videography: Applicants can submit their experiences through works of videos. Applicants are encouraged to be creative in their submissions.
- Innovations: The competition allows the submission of applicant’s COVID inspired innovative works in any fields. This includes works and methodologies that bring about a new way of doing things including within the digital space.
- You must comply with the following requirements in order to be eligible to enter the Competition.
- You must be between 18 years and 35 years old for the duration of the competition;
- You must have been living in any African country for the major period of the pandemic by the time of the competition
- You must not be closely affiliated as either as a director, member, partner, employee, franchisee, agent of, or a consultant to the organizer, nor an immediate family member of the above.
- You must submit your entry through the competition website no later than the stated deadline on the competition website. All Entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified.
- Your Entry must be in English, French or Arabic in YouTube video format and accompanied by the Application Form. All compulsory sections of the Application Form must be completed. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the Entry.
- You can only submit one Entry.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant if an Entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
For more information, visit https://fairtraderecover.africa/