The Skelton Charity has announced a call for applications for its grant program, the charity is helping those groups who:
- support educational establishments providing equipment or capital support that benefit disadvantaged children. For example, special needs schools, educational learning centres and museums and outdoor education centres. They also support the costs of providing holidays and breaks for children in need.
- support uniformed organisations, village halls and community centres, youth clubs outdoor centres, sports centres and playing field.
- support homes which provide care for the elderly and other centres providing support for those who are disabled, ill or infirm.
- The Skelton Charity has approx. £100,000 in 2021 for grants to registered charities in Lancashire, Greater Manchester, and Merseyside (including the unitary authorities of Blackpool, Blackburn, Warrington, and Halton).
Skelton Charity Fund
- Capital projects which include refurbishments and extensions or outdoor spaces
- holidays for disadvantaged members of society, including respite
- Charities registered in Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Merseyside (including the unitary authorities of Blackpool, Blackburn, Warrington, and Halton).
- Charities registered in England and Wales for a project giving direct benefit to people living in Greater Manchester, Lancashire or Merseyside
Skelton Charity does not Fund
- Core costs – salaries, running costs, training programmes, rent, utility provision.
- Large capital projects
- Unregistered charities
- Animal welfare charities
- Medical research charities
- Mainstream schools or NHS hospitals
- National charities unless the requested funds directly benefit people in Greater Manchester, Merseyside or Lancashire.
- Modest grants, usually for between £500 and £3,000 may be awarded:
- normally only to registered charities
- to charities operating within the eligible geographical boundaries
- for one-off expenditure
- for projects or capital expenditure (this could include sessional costs and volunteer costs).
- to charities focussed on good causes
- The Trustees are also willing to consider particular needs caused by the Covid19 pandemic and by adapting to new ways of working.
For more information, visit https://www.skeltoncharity.com/how-to-apply/application-guidelines/