Nominations are now open for the Community Spirit Awards to support the development of new projects, grow services and help raise community spirit in the local community.
The programme was initiated to recognise and support the invaluable work undertaken each day by local groups located within the Dublin Bus network.
Since 2004, Dublin Bus has been supporting grassroots voluntary and community groups across the Greater Dublin Area (GDA) through the Community Spirit Awards.
Voluntary groups who work in the following areas can apply to the Community Spirit Awards:
- Children and Youth;
- People with Disabilities;
- Older People;
- Environment and Local Community;
- Education e.g. alcohol, drugs, literacy or health.
- Each application is judged independently, and successful groups will be awarded grants of €5,000, €2,000 or €1,000.
- Any group that is located within the Dublin Bus network can apply for funding. The network extends as far as Newcastle County Wicklow, Balbriggan in north County Dublin, Dunboyne in County Meath and Maynooth in County Kildare.
For more information, visit http://www.dublinbus.ie/About-Us/Community-Spirit-Initiative/Community-Spirit-Awards1/