The Thrasher Research Fund is seeking applicants for its E.W. “Al” Thrasher Awards with an aim to improve children’s health through medical research, with an emphasis on projects that have the potential to translate into clinically meaningful results within a few years.
The Thrasher Research Fund is open to applications that address a variety of significant pediatric problems. Both incidence and severity are considered when determining the significance of the proposed topic. The Fund supports research both within and outside the United States.
E.W. “Al” Thrasher Award address significant health problems that affect children in large numbers and offer the potential for practical solutions to these problems. Projects with a shorter distance to clinical applicability are given priority.
Requests are rarely approved for the purchase of major project-related equipment (greater than $4,000)
- There are no citizenship or residency requirements.
- Principal Investigators must be qualified in terms of education and experience to conduct research.
- A doctoral-level degree is required.
- The Fund is open to applications from institutions both inside and outside the United States.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two steps:
- Concept Paper
- Full Proposal
- The first step is the submission of a Concept Paper. Applicants whose concepts generally fit with the current priorities of the Fund are invited to submit a full proposal.
For more information, please visit E.W. “Al” Thrasher Awards.