Deadline: 16 August 2019
NW Children’s Foundation is accepting applications for its Grant program to help local agencies that provide the support systems children need to be in a safe, nurturing environment, alleviating the stresses and deficiencies that can lead to abuse and neglect. It provides grants to programs that:
- Heal Children by providing counseling and treatment for youngest victims of abuse and neglect.
- Empower Youth by teaching them how to make good decisions and fulfill their potential through mentoring, tutoring and other opportunities.
- Strengthen Families by reaching out to those coping with homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse and domestic violence – some of the strongest risk factors for child abuse and neglect.
NW Children’s Foundation works to end the cycle of child abuse and neglect. They know that breaking this complicated intergenerational cycle requires a multi-faceted strategy: they must intervene and help fragile victims heal when maltreatment has already occurred, and must also work to keep it from happening – both now and in the next generation.
NWCF grants generally range from $5,000 to $30,000.
- A grant applicant must qualify as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
- NWCF is primarily a direct-service funder. Organization must serve children and youth (ages birth to 24) and families of Washington State. NWCF’s grants predominantly support programs in King, Snohomish, Pierce, and Kitsap counties.
- Grants will not be considered for individuals or political candidates.
- NWCF do not fund organizations that proselytize, require religious activities in their programs, or exclude individuals based on religious beliefs.
How to Apply
Interested agencies submit a Letters of Inquiry via given website.
For more information, please visit http://nwcf.org/nwcf-grants/how-to-apply/