The MRANTI Impact Challenge Accelerator (MICA) is now open for applications to support and enhance the adoption of impact-driven solutions in tackling social and environmental challenges.
A problem-solving challenge that seeks commercially-driven solutions to social & environmental challenges, with winners receiving exclusive access to an impact-based Accelerator for a chance to receive tailored financial & non-financial funding from their partners!
MICA adopts an end-to-end approach to increase the effectiveness in market adoption of high potential solutions for scalable impact.
MICA will be conducted in the three (3) main phases as follows:
- Phase 1: Impact Challenge
- Phase 2: Impact Accelerator
- Phase 3: Post Accelerator Support
Phase 1: Impact Challenge
- A series of Impact Challenges, each featuring unique problem statements sponsored by MRANTI’s Impact Challenge Sponsor, will be open for application. Each Impact Challenge calls out for applications to crowdsource high potential solutions in addressing the identified problem statement and subsequently accelerate them for growth opportunities.
- The initiative aims at supporting startups and entrepreneurs that are actively innovating, with purposeful intent for positive impact around a clean, safe, and healthy future for all children and young people in Malaysia.
- Winners get a cash prize of RM10,000.
- + Plus RM150,000 worth of support gained in the form of monetary support, coaching and market access etc!
- Grant/ Investment /Adoption opportunities from problem statement sponsors and partners
- Access to impact network or opportunities, e.g mentorship, regional programmes, regional network
- Access to government procurement opportunities with direct assistance
Phase 2: Impact Accelerator
- Selected winners from Phase 1 Impact Challenge will be enrolled into a customised Impact Accelerator with curated development content to further refine and shape impact models for growth potential. Upon completion, participants will pitch during Demo Day to the Impact Challenge Sponsor as well as a panel of investors and invitees. The Impact Accelerator will take place over a duration of 3 months.
- Winners earn exclusive access to an impact-focused and SDG driven accelerator, created in partnership with Proficeo.
- Stretched across 3 months, winners will join mentorship, workshops and present at Demo Day for network and funding opportunities.
- Scaling Sales & Impact: Strengthen and realign your company’s existing business model to include sustainability practices and scale your impact
- Impact Measurement: Align and incorporate your organisation’s metrics to include impact measurements
- Investment Readiness: Focus on innovation and commercialisation to drive pilot project and fund raising.
Phase 3: Post Accelerator Support
- Support High potential participants will stand to receive committed and curated interventions as well as support from MRANTI and the Impact Challenge Sponsor to enhance the market adoption of their solutions. The 6 months’ post support will cover access to funding, capacity building, market access as well as network opportunities.
The Impact Challenge: Companies with learning kits, apps, games, materials, green tokens for recycling activities and other education related materials are encouraged.
For more information, visit https://mranti.my/solutions/scaling-up-market-ready/mranti-impact-challenge-accelerator-mica