The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) announces a Public Call for Civil Society Organizations/Non-Governmental Organizations to Submit Project Proposals as Part of the Project Regional Program of Local Democracy in the Western Balkans (Reload2).
The overall goal of the project is to strengthen participatory democracy and EU integration in the Western Balkans, by empowering civil society and encouraging young people to actively participate in the decision-making process, as well as improving the stimulating legal and financial environment for civil society.
The specific goal of the project is to strengthen partnerships between local authorities and civil society in the Western Balkans, by expanding the successful model of transparent project financing of CSOs (LOD methodology) from the budget of local self-government units, aimed at greater civic participation and youth participation in decision-making processes and improvement of service provision in local communities.
General Objective of the Call for Project Proposals and Priorities
- The general goal of this call is to further strengthen partnership relations between civil society organizations and LGUs by building awareness of the usefulness of mutual cooperation and encouraging sustainable dialogue, all with the aim of providing better services to the local community.
- Thematic areas, such as social services for the most vulnerable, social inclusion, gender equality, environmental protection, human rights and similar are in the focus of the ReLOaD2 project.
- This is an opportunity to invite all civil society organizations (CSOs) from Bosnia and Herzegovina to submit project proposals that are in line with the development goals of this local self-government unit (LGU), which are stated in the document “Development Strategy of the Municipality of Novo Sarajevo (revised and harmonized for the period 2021-2027)“:
- Improving the knowledge and competence of primary and secondary school students in the field of informatics and computing, electronics, robotics, programming and other related disciplines (through the organization of various educations, workshops and other similar activities);
- Education and raising the awareness of parents and people who work with preschool children about the negative effects of modern technologies;
- Education on entrepreneurship and activities aimed at promoting and affirming entrepreneurship;
- Strengthening the various skills and competencies of young people, through various trainings and educations, in order to become as competitive as possible on the labor market;
- Education aimed at protecting health and promoting healthy lifestyles;
- Education aimed at preventing socially unacceptable forms of behavior ;
- Education aimed at breaking down stereotypes and prejudices;
- Improving the knowledge and skills of children and young people about the importance of ecology and urban ecology.
- Projects that contribute to the stimulation of cultural and creative creativity in the territory of the Municipality of Novo Sarajevo ;
- Improving the quality and availability of cultural content for all categories of the population through the promotion of various forms of culture and art;
- Improving the quality and availability of sports and recreational facilities for all categories of the population through the promotion and improvement of sports;
- Projects related to recreational programs and educational content intended for socially excluded categories of the population;
- Improving the Quality of Life of Third Age Persons
- Activities aimed at improving the everyday life of people of the third age, through the organization of educational events, workshops, socializing and similar activities;
- Activities that ensure greater participation of people of the third age in the life of the community;
- Support for Children and Adults with Developmental Difficulties
- Improving the quality and availability of educational and sports-recreational content for children with developmental disabilities;
- Providing support for the education of students with developmental disabilities through the introduction of new technologies, methods and ways of working;
- Projects that contribute to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities through customized informal education;
- Environment Protection
- Education, training, volunteer actions and other activities aimed at environmental protection and measures that can be taken in order to improve the state of the environment and the quality of life in an urban environment ;
- Protection and welfare of animals within the framework of human and environmental protection.
- The value of project proposals to be awarded under this call must be between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: 10,000.00KM
- maximum amount: 50,000.00 KM
- Duration: The duration of projects can be from 6 (six) to 10 (ten) months, in the period from May 2023 to February 2024 .
Location: Projects must be implemented exclusively in the territory of the municipality of Novo Sarajevo and for the residents of the municipality of Novo Sarajevo. In exceptional cases, it is allowed to carry out certain activities on the territory of another LGU if there are objective reasons for this, which are stated in the project proposal.
- Participation in this public call is open, on equal grounds, to all formally registered CSOs (association/association or foundation), in accordance with the applicable legal regulations in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- In order to apply for the public call, applicants must:
- be a formally registered CSO in accordance with applicable legal regulations (association/association or foundation);
- Potential applicantsthey cannot participate in the call or receive grants if they do not submit a signed and scanned statement of eligibility with the project proposal.
- This public call is not open to branches of foreign and international associations, foundations and other non-profit organizations registered and operating in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Applicants will be excluded from participation in the call or from the awarding of grants if, at the time of the call for submission of project proposals, they are:
- subjects of conflict of interest (eg employees of partner LGUs who at the same time hold executive or managerial roles in CSOs);
- provided false information or failed to provide necessary information;
- tried to obtain confidential information, influenced the evaluation committee or the authorized party for contracts during the evaluation process of the call for submission of project proposals.
For more information, visit UNDP.