Deadline: 30 September 2018
The Robert Kerr Foundation is seeking Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for its Grant program to address basic and urgent needs to improve the lives of children and the homeless.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Robert Kerr Foundation supports programming for both children and the homeless, without advocating one particular cause over another. Their entry point in giving is very purposeful and specific. Through its current mandate, the Foundation endeavours to address critical gaps in service provision for basic and urgent needs. The Foundation is proactive and focused in its granting and offers support to well-defined projects in its areas of interest.
Support is directed to programs and organizations that remove barriers and strengthen the quality of life for the individuals they serve, with emphasis on demonstrable impact in accomplishing their objectives.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Robert Kerr Foundation may award grants of up to $25,000/5 years; typically the annual award size would not exceed $50,000. For a first time grantee, they encourage the charity to start small (a one year ask between $5,000-$25,000 is completely reasonable) so that they can forge a relationship over time and see how the project evolves before they commit more.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Charities must be recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency as a Canadian Registered Charity.
- The organization must have a Business Number/Registration Number.
- Charities must have a current Board of Directors.
- Charities must provide programs that meet basic and/or urgent needs of children (high school education & healthcare) and/or the homeless (chronic & long-term homelessness).
- The Foundation considers single & multi-year commitments.
- Although eligible in some instances, the Foundation typically does not grant to Foundations and other intermediaries.
- Note: Do not send additional materials such as brochures, newspaper clippings, posters, magnets, DVDs or promotional material of any kind with donation request. The Foundation will follow-up with those applicants from whom they require more information.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Organizations seeking funds from the Foundation must submit an initial Letter of Inquiry (LOI) online using the standard format for submission via given website.
Eligible Country: Canada
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Robert Kerr Foundation.