Applications are now open for the Global Sign Challenge, it is an inclusive competition to celebrate the amazing stories of how people around the world are using their national sign languages to support children’s learning in the early years.
- to further the development, awareness and appreciation of national /regional/local sign languages.
- promote creativity and originality in interacting with and supporting young childrens’ learning.
- foster community and familial relationships with young children.
- foster a sense of pride in sign language and deaf culture/identity.
- The overall vision is to get sign language introduced in all early years programs worldwide by 2030
Winners are also empowered, trained and supported to collaborate with Early Years Centres, Grassroots organizations and Education Groups in their local communities to create story book ideas for digital and print publication, distribution and use.
- Applicants in All Countries can apply.
For more information, visit https://www.globalsignchallenge.org/