The House of Europe is offering an Online Course “European Guidelines for Rehabilitation of Newborns and Young Children”, an online course of ten lectures will teach innovation to provide rehabilitation assistance to children.
You will learn about key strategies for working with young patients and learn about rehabilitation systems in the EU. The experts are physical therapists and occupational therapists from the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Poland and Lithuania. After watching the lectures, you will join the live broadcasts to ask the lecturers questions and discuss the important points again.
Successful students will receive certificates recognized by the Ministry of Health. The three participants of the course who will score the most points for homework will be presented with textbooks “Physical Therapy” and “Occupational Therapy”, which are studied by students of the best medical universities in Prague.
The course starts on January 20, 2022. Lectures have Ukrainian subtitles, they invite translators for live broadcasts.
What’s in the course syllabus?
- Lecture 1. What can and should not be used in occupational therapy in children?
- Lecture 2. Tactics of children with spastic syndrome.
- Lecture 3. Tactics of managing children with eating disorders.
- Lecture 4. Adaptation in the environment: assistive technologies and adaptation devices in child rehabilitation.
- Lecture 5. Cognitive orientation on capacity and goal-oriented therapy in pediatric occupational therapy.
- Lecture 6. Theory and practical aspects of motor development in children.
- Lecture 7. Brain plasticity and rehabilitation in children.
- Lecture 8. Robotics and other innovative devices in child rehabilitation.
- Lecture 9. Early diagnosis of cerebral palsy.
- Lecture 10. Evidential methods of treatment of cerebral palsy used in physical therapy in children.
- A question-and-answer session with speakers, where you can clarify unclear points and get advice. You will have one hour of questions for each lecture.
- The course is suitable for pediatric physical therapists and occupational therapists who want to grow professionally and apply modern practices in their work.
What do I need to participate?
- Resume. Tell them about your professional experience, education, internships, grants.
- Diploma of higher education in the field of physical therapy or occupational therapy.
For more information, visit https://houseofeurope.org.ua/opportunity/308