UNDP is calling proposals for Piloting New Community Based Specialized Social Services.
The United Nations Development Program is currently involved in a two-year Joint Program (JV) between the United Nations and the Government of Turkmenistan to improve the social protection system by introducing inclusive quality social services at the local level.
The goal of the JV is to improve the existing system of providing social services in Turkmenistan in order to reach the most needy and vulnerable groups of the population and meet their needs.
It is expected that the proposed change will be achieved through the creation of an appropriate national model of inclusive social services at the local level, focused on meeting the needs of the following target groups: children with disabilities, children left without parental care, children at risk of separation from their parents, people with disabilities and older people in need of basic care, women facing gender-based violence and youth at risk.
- The joint program aims to achieve one result: The social protection system is ready to provide quality, inclusive social services at the local level.
- Intermediate Outcome 1 of the Joint Program provides for the development of an inclusive model of social services at the local level, consisting of key elements aimed at addressing the vulnerabilities of those most in need and ready for widespread implementation. In accordance with this intermediate result, a practical model of such services should be developed and tested, including piloting of specialized social services for target groups of the SP. Addressing the specific needs of these target groups, specialized social services will contribute to the implementation of the social model of disability and social services at local level model that will support the empowerment and inclusion of these groups in the life of societies.
- Specialized social services for the target groups of the JV should be designed according to social work approaches and delivered in accordance with the standards developed by the JV.
- In this regard, UNDP will select potential! X providers of social services among the public organizations first to pilot the specialized social services at the expense of grant funds for the following target groups of the joint venture:
- Persons with official disability status
- Single elderly people in need of basic care
- People with chronic illnesses
- Persons with official disability status: 105,000 TMT
- Single elderly people in need of basic care: 105,000 TMT
- People with chronic illnesses: 109,930 TMT
- Public associations created and registered in Turkmenistan (hereinafter referred to as the Applicant).
- The applicant must have at least 5 years of organizational experience working with vulnerable populations.
- The applicant must have at least 3 permanent employees with at least 3 years of experience working with vulnerable groups.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=77454