The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites qualified organizations to submit proposals for the implementation of the UNFPA Country Programme for Ukraine (2018-2022) and UNFPA Ukraine Humanitarian Response Plan 2022 to focus on sexual and reproductive health (SRH), including maternal and newborn health; and protection from gender-based violence (GBV), predominately for women and girls and the most vulnerable.
UNFPA is scaling up its response with partners to safeguard the health and rights of women and girls, including to give birth safely and to live free from violence and abuse. As the UN sexual and reproductive health agency and lead of the GBV sub-cluster, UNFPA is playing a key coordination role. UNFPA is repurposing its existent health and protection programmes in Ukraine and surrounding countries to provide emergency response service to those in need.
UNFPA will expand interventions to increase the number of partners and locations offering health and protection services, including GBV support services in the coming days and weeks. UNFPA is using its existing network of shelters, centres and crisis rooms with GBV services, established before the start of the military offensive, to respond to the needs of women fleeing their homes.
UNFPA Ukraine Humanitarian Response Plan 2022 will be structured around the following key activities (but not limited to them):
- Strengthening the GBV SC at national and sub national levels.
- GBV information management system (data collection and management).
- Procurement and distribution of dignity and IARH kits.
- Setup and operation of GBV PSS mobile teams.
- Setup and operations of GBV safe space solutions for women and girls.
- Establishment and operation of virtual space platform for young people.
- Establishment and operation of career hubs for women and girls.
- Setup, operations and supply of health mobile clinics and service delivery points .
- Cash assistance support to women and girls to enable their access to SRH services.
UNFPA Ukraine Humanitarian Response Plan 2022, working with government and other partners, UNFPA seeks to work around the following outputs:
- GBV coordination, protection, prevention & awareness raising and access as well as economic empowerment .
- SRH coordination and access to life-saving SRH services (MCH, FP, HIV, STI, CMR integrated).
- Support of youth needs and engagement .
- Eligible organizations will be selected in a transparent and competitive manner, based on their capacity to ensure the highest quality of service, including the ability to apply innovative strategies to meet programme priorities in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- The UNFPA Country Office in Ukraine will review evidence provided by the NGO submission and evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
- NB: Any proposal not submitted in English will be excluded from consideration.
For more information, visit https://ukraine.unfpa.org/en/submission/unfpa-ukraine-opens-call-ngo