Deadline: 5 May 2017
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Serbia is seeking Call for Expression of Interest (EOIs) to identify eligible civil society organisations (CSOs) experienced in the implementation of sport recreational activities for children with disabilities for prospective partnership with UNICEF in Serbia.
This initiative is part of the NCR Foundation funded UNICEF project “It’s about ability” that aims to contribute to effectively mainstreaming approaches aimed at including children with and without disabilities together in equally supportive environments.
UNICEF will contribute to effectively address issues of discrimination, inclusion, and child development and help mainstream approaches aimed at social inclusion of children with disabilities.
- be registered in country of origin
- not be an entity named on any of the UN Security Council targeted sanction lists.
- Inclusion of CwD’s needs into the National Strategy and Action Plan for People with Disability
- Introduction of a disability measurement based on functionality to develop a Registry of children with disability to provide information for the sectors of social protection and education and enable better planning of support to CwD
- Closing residential care institutions and replacing them with community based services
- Preventing family separation and establishing innovative social services that support birth families with CwD and prevent eventual institutionalization.
- Inclusion of CwD in pre-schools
- Desegregation of special schools and inclusion of CwD in mainstream schools
- Changing attitudes towards CwD in the general population
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications by email or a post at the address given on the website.
For more information, please download the pdf UNICEF Serbia Call for EOIs.