Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
- Please indicate the relevant sectors of your business Agri-business
- Cosmetics and wellness
- Automation/mechanization of agriculture
- Pest control
- Post harvest technologies
- Industrial application of biotechnology
- Green/environmental friendly technologies
- Maternal and Child Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Waste Management
- Medical Devices
- eHealth Technologies
- mHealth Technologies
- Sanitation / Environmental Health
- Public Health Tools
- Vector Control
- Plant health
- Animal health
What they Offer
- When innovators join the Villgro Africa incubation program, here’s what to expect:
- Ecosystem building
- Interlinking with academia, government and the private sector to collaborate on go-to-market partnerships that allow innovators to thrive.
- Market entry support
- Supporting global health innovators who want to enter new markets in Africa.
- Providing high-touch mentorship relationships, tapping into their extensive network to find the right mentor-mentee fit.
- Customised technical assistance
- Bolstering internal capacity by embedding their portfolio managers.
- Seed Capital
- Leveraging their funders to offer direct, patient capital to Villgro portfolio companies, de-risking them to unlock follow-on funding.
- Ecosystem building
- Startups can apply to join Villgro Africa’s portfolio and receive Africa startup funding from $20,000, along with business development advice and access to further investment opportunities. They have a preference for scalable and sustainable models led by a multidisciplinary team with a minimum viable product.
Who are the beneficiaries of your enterprise? People at the base of the pyramid
- Rural poor
- Urban poor
- Rural or urban middle income
- Rural or urban high income.
- Innovators interested in their business incubator program must have:
- Multidisciplinary, collaborative team
- Problem-solution fit
- Product-market fit
- Minimum viable product built
- Validated market demand
- Clear revenue model
- Program committment from one full-time founder
- One technical co-founder.
- Villgro Africa is a business incubator in Kenya looking for innovative solutions that address the lack of access to quality and affordable health services in low-income populations across Africa.
For more information, visit Villgro Africa.